Thursday, December 21, 2006

Smart Strip power strip

Maybe I'm late to the party, but this is the first power strip I've seen that controls some of the outlets based on the power state of a control outlet. The Smart Strip Power Strip
features advanced circuitry that not only offers excellent power surge protection and line noise filtering, but is actually able to 'sense' the flow of electrical current through the strip's control outlet.

This would be useful for turning off TV peripherals when the TV is turned off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think America is late to this solution. They have existed in Korea and Europe for a while. I saw a different version in Korea equipped with an IR receiver so that you can switch everything off with a TV remote control. It's designed for shutting down your audio or video complexes.

Leo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leo said...

Take a look at previous post of yours from May of 2005 and my comment.